Even though Florida is known for its sunny, blue skies, we still have to prepare our vehicles for the upcoming winter. The team at Premier Auto Service Center is here to help! Upon arrival at our facility, we will perform a thorough inspection designed to uncover any underlying issues before they begin. This way, your vehicle will be ready to face whatever this upcoming winter has in store for you and your vehicle!
Winter is incredibly hard on the following components of your vehicle:
- Battery: Both South Florida and winter can be hard on your battery -- cold weather makes your battery work that much harder, especially if your battery is older than four years old.
- Coolant: During winter, you must have the right ratio of antifreeze and water in your vehicle at 50/50. If this ratio is off and there is more water in your cooling system, this liquid freezing likelihood is much more probable.
- Tires: The drop in temperature can affect your vehicle's tires, especially tire pressure and tread life. Your tires need to be in tip-top shape to handle any slick or wet roads, especially if you and your loved one is driving North anytime soon.
- Brakes: We might have spent all our time at the beach this summer, and the salt can negatively affect your brakes and other parts of your vehicle. Our technicians will thoroughly examine your brakes to make sure the salt has not deteriorated your vehicle's components.
- Windshield wipers: Last but not least, don't forget about your windshield wipers! They are your vehicle's first line of defense against the elements. Just imagine you were driving down the road, and you notice that it is starting to rain. You reach to turn on your windshield wipers, but you notice they aren't working. The team at Premier Auto Service Center doesn't want you to have to worry about being in a situation like this.
Our technicians at Premier Auto Service Center will leave no stone unturned. We will even check to make sure critters haven't turned your engine into a cozy home for the winter! Schedule an appointment today for an inspection performed by the technicians at Premier Auto Service Center, or call us at 239-471-7049.