Springtime is the perfect time for preventative maintenance. Even though we deal with a moderate drop in temperatures in Florida, we still have take care of our vehicle after winter. The Premier Auto Service Center team wants you and your vehicle to feel refreshed for the new season, and the first step is preventative maintenance.
After winter, we may be putting away our Christmas decorations or our warmer coats and scarves and breaking out the bathing suits. We also tend to break out the cleaning supplies to give our house a thorough cleaning. We are seeing the sun shining, the flowers blooming, and the world is beginning to wake up again. Your car is too -- our technicians are ready to give your vehicle a little extra TLC:
- Don’t forget about an oil service. A regularly scheduled oil service will maintain your engine for the long-term. Your oil is responsible for lubricating and cool all the moving parts in your engine. Over time, it picks up grime and debris, which means your oil becomes less effective.
- Your battery needs a little extra TLC. Low temperatures, even a small drop in degrees can result in your battery working harder because chemical reactions are slowed. The upcoming high, warm temperatures will quickly evaporate vital battery fluids and can even speed up corrosion. On a hot day, we don’t want you dealing with a DOA battery!
- Fluctuations in temperature can lead to fluctuations in tire pressure! On average, your tires will lose or gain 1 pound per square inch for every 10 degrees change in temperatures.
- It might be time to change your wiper blades and refill your wiper fluid. Your windshield wipers are your first line of defense against the elements, which means they need to be ready to go at all times. Your ability to see on the road is of utmost importance for your safety.
- Your headlights and taillights need to shine bright on even the darkest of nights! Just like how our vehicles get dirty, your headlights and taillights do too! You can easily polish your lights with a toothbrush, baking soda, and water. If your lights aren’t working, however, you might need to schedule an appointment with the technicians at Premier Auto Service Center.
Spring is synonyms with a fresh start! Bring your vehicle to the Premier Auto Service Center team, and we will make sure your car gets a little TLC after winter and is ready for the rising temperatures in spring and summer. Schedule an appointment today for service performed by the technicians at Premier Auto Service Center, or call us at 239-471-7049.